Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton 16h

Can anyone recommend a good supplier of parts for the Norton 16h
Thanks

email (option): richard_radley@hotmail.com

Re: Norton 16h

Regrettably, we have no 'one-stop-shop' for Norton single-cylinder spares...

My first port of call would be Russell Motors (not so easy to contact unless you're in the UK)

The Norton Owners' Club spares scheme has some parts.

RGM Motors do a bit of 'single' stuff.

British Motorcyles Austria and Cornucopia in Germany have some.

Paul Norman in the UK and Ken McIntosh have parts that were common to the OHC / racing models (quite a lot pre-war)

Andy Marks (Kingpin Components) - makes some good stuff such as fork spindles and knurled washers.

Otherwise it's a matter of searching the internet...A couple of Dutch dealers have good original stock.

Lots will depend on whether you're looking for critical engine parts or are going the rivet-counting route on ancillaries.

We also have a board member who makes some top-notch WD-specific parts but doesn't advertise.

In the end, it mostly comes down to making and maintaining contacts with other enthusiasts as most are hoarders !

Look on Normandy 2019 , find Horror and ask him, however, Rik is also the Norton man, so both will give you good advice

I think Rik has summed it up with the places I'd contact. Some bearings and gearbox bushes are the same as a Commando, also the brake shoes are the same as Commando rear shoes, so Andover Norton can be useful.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

There are also a number of adresses on https://www.wdnorton.nl/Links%20and%20useful%20addresses%20for%20restoration.htm

They don't always have a website.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1