Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mag rebuild

Anyone have any experience with a magneto repairer named James Peel in the Melbourne, Victoria (AUS) area? Trying to have my mag rebuilt and unsure of where I should have the work done. Any advice or comments appreciated.

Re: Mag rebuild

G'day Carter.
I've never heard of James Peel but a quick google shows he has rewind business.
City auto Electrical Service in Coburg Nth mainly deal with motor cycles and are conversant with magdynos and while I haven't had any mag work done by them (they built me a 6V electronic regulator when they weren't as readily available as they are now) they had some rebuilt magdynos on the shelf all be it quite some years ago.

Peter Scott Motorcycles in NSW did advertise in WA Vintage M/C Club for quite awhile for magneto repairs but not in recent times so may not still be going. If interested his details are 02 9624 1262 email qualmag@optusnet.com.au. Never used him but states he has 45 years experience Australia wide service.

email (option): tknalder@iinet.net.au

Peter Scott has offically retired and closed down his company "Peter Scott Motorcycles"& "Quality magneto Services".
He is still doing maggys but more of a hobby that a business so it is a case of "when you get round to it Pete not I need it by next week "
Chris Zoch has moved up the coast & will be opening there in the near future 0424 011 767

Considering that there are about 3 times the number of magneto powered motorcycles down there in Mexico one would imagine there would be several magneto repairers in Victoria.
Oddly enough non of them advertise in the 3 Victorian magazines that I get .
Perhaps a line to the Victorian BSA Owners Association will produce better results than here.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Dear Carter

I am living in Hong Kong but I used a gentleman in Australia to rebuild my magneto and he did a sterling job. his details as follows

Mr. Tim Thearle
TT Enterprises
P.O. Box 865
Alstonville, 2477
NSW
Australia

tim.thearle@bigpond.com

Regards

Stuart

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

Hi Stuart
can u say pls how much for repair it -
thank's for ur info

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

I had my M20 mag rebuilt last year by Maggyman Paul Johnson
magneto88@bigpond.com

A great job, good price and good turnaround time.
He's based in country Vic.

email (option): don@moeng.com.au

Bryce at Early Triumph in the Dandenongs does magdynos.
Not cheap but he is extremely fussy.
He is a member of VMCC

Peter Scott has not closed down, I have just spoken to him.

Nieuwe pagina 1