Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can someone confirm clutch rollers please

I ordered a set of WM20 clutch rollers from a BSA dealer off ebay who quotes the correct part number 26-650 in his listing. They are 1/4" x 5/16" long. Dragonfly offer the same part number at 15/64" long......Am I losing my mind......Are they supposed to be standard 1/4 x 1/4 rollers?

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Can someone confirm clutch rollers please

They are 1/4"x 1/4" rollers...1/4" x 5/16" rollers are big end rollers...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Cheers Ian. It's what I thought I knew, but wanted to double check. They haven't answered my query, so I've ordered some off another firm.

Ron

The same thing happened to me, Ron. I ordered rollers off eBay using the part number and got 1/4 x 5/16 rollers. They should be 1/4 x 1/4 - as I learned from this forum later. The seller refused to cooperate and the return mailing would have been more than I paid for the product itself. I think he may have altered his listing since then. I hope so. Annoying!!

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

I do hope you left negative feedback
Giving him 1 star for description & 1 star for communications.
In the comment you write " vendor has no idea about what he is selling"

All too often people forget that feed back is not some sort of mutual back patting but should accurately reflect the sale.

Ebay customer service has contacted several times about the volume of negative feedback I leave, about 10% is negative and a similar is neutral.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Hi,

If you paid with PayPAL (think you should) Then it is possible to put in a claim. Even for the return postage.

I did once with feked .

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Yep I've told these people that their listing is wrong and so far, no reply! So out of anger and stubbornness I've instigated a return through Ebay. However the return postage has cost £1 more that it did to receive them....Bah! Ron

Ron Pier
Yep I've told these people that their listing is wrong and so far, no reply! So out of anger and stubbornness I've instigated a return through Ebay. However the return postage has cost £1 more that it did to receive them....Bah! Ron
I am yet to find an ebay vendor who would thank me for correcting their description unless it meant that they could charge more for it.
So contacting the vendor is something I no longer bother to do.
The same goes for contacting ebay and telling them the vendor has an incorrect description.
How many times do you see things advertised as Honda, Harley, BSA , Triumph.
Unless it is air for the front tyre nothing will fit them all.

There are a lot of vendors who just buy stuff in and then retail it without the faintest clue what it is or what it fits.

So no mercy particularly if it is some thing like a loose bearing .
How many of ou have bought imperial balls only to find they are metric .

I had this problem as well. With rollers from Peters Classic bikes. He never really admitted the fault but eventually changed the description on his website to stating that “some bikes may use 1/4 x 1/4”.
So it seems this is a widely spread misconception, for what ever reason that might be. Strange.

Caused me loads and loads of problems before I finally realized why the clutch nipped up no matter what I did to correct it.

/Simon

Yes take heed. Here is the ebay listing which quotes the correct part number and also states early M20/21. I only read the dimensions further down in the text after they arrived. The seller clearly states in his blurb, how good he is about customer relations and "just contact me about any problem" blah, blah. blah!! I've contacted him twice through ebay and had no reply. Anyone can make mistakes, but he doesn't even seem to care about it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Centre-Rollers-early-BSA-A7-A10-M20-M21-26-0650/130962245117?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And here is Draganfly's advert. Correct part number again but seem to be offering the shorter Triumph rollers 1/4 x 15/64??

https://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/component/hikashop/product/4648-

Ron:rage:

Negative or neutral feedback hurts the vendor
So they want you to email them till the time left to put feedback is over
I notice he has 5 negatives, hope on of them was you

Here's a perfect and timely example of why forums like this one are important..The acquisition and exchange of knowledge is an absolutely essential part of success in the old bike restoration game and forums provide that service for everyone....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1