Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New DR Book

Just received this email which at least some of you will also have got...."Dear Group members
Many of you are aware of my love of military motorcycle history and the desire for it to be accurately recorded. As such, this is an unabashed plug for a book I have just published which is a genuine piece of history and will, I hope, will be of great interest to each of you.

Two years ago I was privileged to meet Alan Johnson. Alan is now 99 and is probably the last surviving Royal Corps of Signals Despatch rider. He spent 5 years in Egypt, was a present during of the El Alamein campaign, and was a founder member of the famous Bar-None MCC. I have spent a lot of time researching, verifying and writing up his remarkable story. It is never going to be an earth shaking work of great literature but it contains great detail about how the military machines we love were actually used - in this respect it is quite irreplaceable.

Our interest is somewhat niche so anyone interested in acquiring a copy of this very limited edition should contact me at smwarner@dsl.pipex.com

Best regards
Simon

For those who would like to know more please read on…

Title: Raising Dust in the Desert - ISBN 978-1-9160809-0-4 Published in 2019 by Simon Warner.

Price £12.50 ( + £2.50 pp for mainland UK, £5 for Europe, £7 for USA and £7.50 for Australia / NZ)
To order copies please email smwarner@dsl.pipex.com
Please include your full address with your order.

Re: New DR Book

Ferg, I got that mail too...Which 'group' do you suppose he was referring to ?

I got that mail too. But the book already arrived here that Lex ordered. I might just take a sneaky peek. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Which "group" ........this one? I dont know.

It's the Yahoo Matchless group, an antiquated email platform. Please do have a look, and write a review Ron!

Cheers, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

I too saw it on the AJS&M Yahoo group and it looks like Sump did a blurb on it too...

https://sumpmagazine.com/classicbikenews/index.htm

Regards, Scott

Alan R Johnson featured in the November 1984 issue of The Classic Motor Cycle, under the heading "Once Around the Pyramids" a five page feature with nine photos.

This morning I received a copy of this book;

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It looks very nice, with enough pictures; some famous ones but also never seen before pictures.
So far I'm very satisfied with the quality of this book and the purchase process.

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I have a copy. It's an interesting read

i have just received my copy and it looks great. It's my next book to read after finishing the one I am on currently!!! thanks for doing this Simon. all best all. peter

Nieuwe pagina 1