WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New forum picture

Does this mean you're home Henk? Ron:+1:

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: New forum picture

And it would be good to see the bike from the other side to see how the gun is attched to the sidecar :wink:
PS Welcome Home Henk:relieved:

Yes Ron, I am home again and I can see it's GOOD to be home. We arrived April first in Holland. I am feeling pretty good but I still have to take care to not over do it.

I am sorry about the mail I received that hasn't been answered yet, I'll try to answer them in the coming days.

The BSA with the big gun is owned by Ramon, I sold the bike to him some years ago. I still feel a little sad when I see photos of that BSA but Ramon takes good care of it.

I am afraid that there isn't a sidecar attached to the BSA to take the weight of the gun. The photo is taken in Scotland during the IR in 1998.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

A good tip. Park your bike next to something worth more as scrap...It'll help if the crew with the un-taxed Transit turn up.

Prototype recoil less rifle perhaps?:upside_down_face:

email (option): jsaft1951@xtra.co.nz

There's something mounted above the oil tank & under the seat that looks like a switch. Can someone tell me what it is?

There was a late war 'economy' measure which deleted the ammeter and reduced the wiring to the headlamp. The switch was fitted under saddle and a charging test press button was used. Ron
lateswitch01
lateswitch02

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Henk,

Good to hear you are back on base. Hope you will fully recover to your original condition, so you can be present at one of the commemoration events this year.

Yes, and I am still very happy with the bike. Still drives well and stored proudly beside his 1 year older brother in my garage:joy: .

take good care of yourself and best regards,

Ramon:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Ron
Thanks for the info about the switch & the closeups. Now you've explained it I recall there was a mention of this here a while back.

Nieuwe pagina 1