Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DR Rally in April in UK

This just emailed to me: MILITARY DR RALLY & WW2 HISTORY TOUR
FRIDAY 26TH - SUNDAY 28TH APRIL 2019
Camping at:
The Walled Garden @ Southwick Sawmill Priory Road Southwick Hants PO17 6ED

Gary & Carole Lamsdale invite you to their first military motorbike rally.
We are delighted to have been offered the opportunity to camp in the walled garden site near the centre of the village although facilities are limited to toilets only. There are 2 local pubs within 2 mins walking distance for evening meals.

There will be a 10.30am ride out on Saturday 27th April incorporating places of WW2 historical interest.

The cost for the whole weekend is £15 pp and if you would like to book please email Claudia timhandscomb@btinternet.com or call 01202 4343294

Re: DR Rally in April in UK

That sounds like a good pre-Normandy run :relaxed:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I like the idea of a DR rally, this one is fairly central for us southerners so I will give it some thought.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

A geat time had by all, the camping was in a large walled garden with the pub looking after us round the corner. We had sunshine and blue sky's for the ride out on Saturday, very enjoyable with Gary taking us to lots of WW2 related sites in the area, with a little talk about each place. We're so used to seeing German structures in Normandy we forget we've got a few of our own :slightly_smiling_face:

All the bikes went well with no brake downs and everyone stuck together which made life easier.

I didn't take many pictures but Wend has some more when I get them off her.

DSC-7247

DSC-7233

DSC-7236

DSC-7235

DSC-7239

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Richard and I were coming but what with me being in the desert in morocco at present, but back for sandwich in Kent,this weekend and bank hol Monday, Its called back to the forties operation round up, its free entry for the public and bigish , the whole town goes back to 1940, Im with the desert rats display, all are welcome , andrew ,

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1