Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Russell motors

Would anyone recommend a visit to Russell Motors in person? As trying to get Les to answer my email is just not happening ? Tempted to drive the 82 miles to get answer and purchase what I need?
Anyone been to Battersea to visit there shop garage ?

email (option): stumpyleg@btinternet.com

Re: Russell motors

i live near Russell motors so tend to go past every day. they aren't open mondays and close early in the week and lunch time saturdays, but they are open early. I personally would make a visit, but of course Les isn't always there and the 'boys' aren't as familiar with the old bikes as he is. i'd phone to see if he's around and then make a visit. he and they have always been helpful to me. i wouldn't go without at least trying to phone. and i'd be clear about what it is i want. hope this is helpful. all v best peter

Les is over 70 and doesn't "do" emails, if you send one with a big list you will have to ring him and he will get his son to print it off for him.
Call him on the phone, if it rings to long it is because he is busy pulling an order or serving a customer.
Keep letting it ring at your peril, proper pisses him off, you have been warned!! :)
Scott

It's definitely worth driving 82 miles to vist Russells. The place is a monument and won't be there for ever.

Better still, it's right by Clapham Junction. Catch the train and have a couple of pints while you're in town. :grinning:

As said a train to Clapham Junction, come out of the back of the station turn right and it's on the other side of the road.

Had the pleasure of visiting Russell Motors and dealing with Les on 2 occasions in 2013 when in the UK and later ordering some parts by mail order. Worth a visit and a drink in the pub on the corner !!!
John Taylor NZ

email (option): jsaft1951@xtra.co.nz

Good news from you all. Thanks for your words of wisdom.
However Les has called me back and order now confirmed and paid for !
I may still go up there just to be nosey and and meet Les in person .
He was funny on the phone sounded a right character ! 😎

Hi rob

I find that if you pre order with Les - via mail or fax - and then on a Saturday for example- arrange to visit/collect - it works well

If he has time - he’s great for a chat & a cuppa

Its a short & uncomplicated - but pricey trip all the same on the train for me

I personally have the greatest of time for him

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Back in the day Les use to employ Joel, who coincidentally had been posted during or just after the war to my tiny town in the Welsh Marches.
" Luvverly place but there weren't no women" I opined it hadn't changed...
After Joel retired he took to selling stock he'd been filching for decades from Les's emporium; who reportedly was less than amused. That's back around the very very early 80s.

email (option): jeremy@clogmaker.co.uk

Yes I have been several times .The easiest way is by train .The shop is just outside Clapham Junction station but I would ring first to make sure they will be open .

"Back in the day Les use to employ Joel,"

Oh yes I remember Joel well:grinning: When they had a breakers shop in Forest Hill he worked there 1960s[it was known as Myers Motors].

I remember him well, eating a bacon roll and marvelling how clean it got the ends of his usually grimy fingers.

Nieuwe pagina 1