Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Insurance green card

Anyone else had notification from their motor insurance company that a 'Green Card' will be required for overseas travel after 29th March?

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Insurance green card

Hi Ron

Had you told your insurance company you were going abroad, or did it flag up automatically after you booked your ferry with the vehicle registration?

several people I know have got themselves international drivers permits ready for their holidays in Europe this year, it appears to be a pretty cheap and easy thing to get through the Post Office I think?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for the nudge Ron,, think I will contact my insurers in writing both the bikes and the camper van,

No Rob. I've booked my van but the insurance company for our car emailed me this morning about it. The green card is free anyway. So I've emailed the van insurance company now. The other company said you won't leave these shores without it????? Ron

I had a phone call yesterday from 'Gladiator' who insure my van, to tell me that I 'WILL' need a green card! To be applied for by phone 14 days prior to sailing.....It's free though.

I also see discusion about possicle new regulations over on HMVF. https://insidedvla.blog.gov.uk/2019/02/19/driving-abroad-after-brexit-things-are-changing/?fbclid=IwAR2j8uj3U0_Dfp3uAimYRSrnAPinu0hhX22VrgZ8XZKmHzcpIGpZkE8So0Q

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1