The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Symbol division

https://www.flickr.com/gp/163996711@N07/09C464

Hello
could someone tell me which symbol and which division are these bikes?
thank you

email (option): bongiovanni1988@libero.it

Re: Symbol division

This is a difficult one at this resolution. I'm not really sure what I'm seeing - the triangular cut-out on the top of the light coloured area can't be co-incidence as it is repeated on both...Can you give any more context ? Do you know which theatre of operations ? Could we see the whole uniform ?

Polish forces tended towards some asymmetric designs and used a number of unofficial signs...

Rik
This is a difficult one at this resolution. I'm not really sure what I'm seeing - the triangular cut-out on the top of the light coloured area can't be co-incidence as it is repeated on both...Can you give any more context ? Do you know which theatre of operations ? Could we see the whole uniform ?

Polish forces tended towards some asymmetric designs and used a number of unofficial signs...
https://www.flickr.com/gp/163996711@N07/3jSj50

Here are the complete photos.

I do not have a context are the photos I found of bicycles that have the tank number next to mine and I wanted to know which division they belonged to try to position my bike in a more precise context and perhaps even to recreate that symbol on my tank . But it is a symbol that I can not understand
Thank you

email (option): bongiovanni1988@libero.it

Its almost like a red green diagonal RASC square with the bottom 3/4 over painted perhaps to remove a previous unit number?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Rob, I think you're right. These are quite late-war images (look like The Netherlands or Germany ?) and so there should only be arm of service markings on the fuel tanks. The only possible diagonal that could apply is RASC and it would seem that the film or filters are making the red look very light-coloured.

Either the censor has got at the images or they have indeed overpainted a previous unit or establishment marking.

Nieuwe pagina 1