Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frame straightening

Hi all, I am looking for someone in the south of England who can straighten my early G3L Matchless frame. Does anyone know of someone with the propert equipment to do this? Thanks JT

Re: Frame straightening

John if you can't find anyone nearer, speak to Ged at https://www.yell.com/biz/g-c-s-motorcyle-services-wimborne-9049291/

He's at three Cross near where we had our rally last year. Suggest a Saturday when he can do it while you wait, let me know when and I'll come and get in the way. Tell him your a friend of Mine and Tim Handscomb. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi john

ABBA in Essex do a good job & fully set up with jigs

Did a nice job on my brothers ES2

Br

Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Thanks Ron and John. I presume that I will have to fit the bottom half of an engine, gearbox, lunch and rear hub so that they will be able to see the line of the sprockets? JT

Yes for Ged, it's best to have it all built up as you say. I think that no forks are best. But the sprocket line shouldn't be an issue once the frame is true if you're using standard parts. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi john

As you outlined - crankcases - gearbox & where possible rear hub/ wheel will be required to be installed for best results

BR

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hello, There is a firm in Maidstone that straightens frames, I think it's in the OBM if you have a look.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1