Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My latest ride

I acquired this 5SW some months ago which was "restored" up and running but came with some serious issues. I sorted the issues which included new cam shaft and small end bushes, new piston rings for the NOS piston and re-hone the NOS barrel to the correct piston skirt clearance, and new clutch plates.

I Stripped the forks for some other issues and gave the whole thing a repaint in KG3, re-plated some parts and assembled with all cad fixings. It came with the pannier set which I'm leaving as I hate any form of mileage without them.

First 10 mile test run a couple of weeks ago proved that there was something wrong with the gearing (far too low). First thing to check (which I stupidly didn't do initially) was the engine sprocket size!! Turned out to be 17T instead of 20T, so I bought a 20T blank from John and Jane and my engineer machined the old teeth off and installed the 20T.

A 30 mile round trip to Sammy Millers tea rooms yesterday was really enjoyable....If a bit windy! The bike was really pulling well with top gear appearing to have quite long legs, but I'm obviously running in the new bore for a while. It's lighter than an M20 by about 50 lbs and therefore easier on my gammy limbs and far less for the 500cc SV engine to pull along......We'll see!

I've marked it in Anti Aircraft Command....As I've said before. "We can't all be front line troops" Ron
DSCF1275
DSCF1273

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: My latest ride

Turned out nice Ron, as said before, these really go! I restored an ex B.E.F one years ago, it's in a museum now, one day, I'll try to get it back!

Cheers, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi••.net

Very nice Ron , very nicely finished, My dad was in the AA , outside st paul's in the blitz, and shoeburyness shooting down doodlebugs V2 so front line as it were, but did a eight month trip to the USA in 43 44 to teach the yanks how to shoot down aircraft, I have lots of fantastic original signal corps photos of that trip, take care

I wouldn't think you'd need to teach the Yanks how to shoot Andrew.....Just at the correct things :smile: :smile: :smile: Ron

I assume you have the Drivers Handbook for the 5SW - if not let me know and I can send you a copy.

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

Very nice Ron!

Cheers, Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

keith chandler
I assume you have the Drivers Handbook for the 5SW - if not let me know and I can send you a copy.
Keith I have the workshop manual that covers the 3SW and 5SW plus the workshop manual for the 3HW and the parts books for all three but not the riders handbook for the 5SW....A copy would be most appreciated! Ron:+1:

Ron Pier
keith chandler
Keith I have the workshop manual that covers the 3SW and 5SW plus the workshop manual for the 3HW and the parts books for all three but not the riders handbook for the 5SW....A copy would be most appreciated! Ron:+1:
I also have the Driver's Handbook for the 3HW if you have not got one - let me know if you would like a copy?

e.mail your address to me and I should get it away to by Friday of this week.

email (option): keithchandler@clistandchandler.co.uk

That looks brilliant Ron, great job. It'll be interesting to see how well it goes. :+1:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1