Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BSA M20 Tool Box - how does it mount?

This Australian hasn't heard of Poysers spanners, but maybe others have? A local Google search just reveals a car dealership in country Victoria.

DSC01066
DSC01067

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi Van,

The mounting hardware for the toolbox is, as far as I know.

The green strap in Henks photo use's 2 round head slotted screws and nuts, the same as used on the front mudguard stay.
The same screw and nuts used on the tab, some people us bolts.
The clip, that can be hard to find, has a spacer washer inside.
The green bracket, were the tag is, fastens to the muffler bracket by means of a long bolt and washer.

Hope this helped.

Dave

Hi Henk,

I remember a disscussion awhile ago about contract plates mounted on the toolbox.
I see that on the bike, I guess that it is yours? early deluxe, with slotted knob.
Is the plate original to the box? Need to mount mine somewhere, have teardrop rear light.

Dave

Hi Dave,

The toolbox is replaced recently for what I think is the correct one for my BSA. The few old photos I have of BSA's with a torpedo tail light, or MT1130 as they are actually called, that also show their contract plate made me decide to do it like in this photo. I must say that I had to drill the holes for the contract plate in the tool box myself.

I actually think it's done like this on the KM20 BSA's with an MT1130 tail light and very likely done with the early WM20 BSA's like my WM20 2415.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks Henk,

I am sure that my bike souldn't have the MT1130 lamp, but I have got one, so will have to have a bit of artistic license, and do it like yours.

Dave

The Lucas MT 1130 was officially for the 1940 model year only, but they did start using them on the WD 'K' models. It requires a special number plate with a dimple in the top for the foot of the lamp (I think Jan still makes them). They were also used by Ariel around 1938/9. Ron

ALL-C10-032

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

About Poysers spanners.
I've had a look around Australian tool collecting sites & such, but I can't find a reference to them as a brand or company name.

I'll send you photos. I suck at putting pics on here.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1