Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New toy! (Triumph 3HW)

Me too! You know you like things pristine Kostas and it can be re-sprayed the same colour and copy the original markings.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The markings are only original once and are slightly open to interpretation. The fuel tank and mudguards are probbaly evidence of how 23rd Armoured Brigade moved from Italy to Greece.

In my opinion, there is a lot to be said for perhaps obtaining alternative tank and guards for a restoration and preserving the originals.

I agree with Rik the 78 on RASC diagonal red green is probably one of the two RASC Companies of an Armoured Division somewhere in the middle east.

But underneath that is a much more intriguing number which could be this machines first appointment. It also has a diagonal split which almost definitely means RASC at this period, with the split crossing the "5" which would make this the middle or one of the middle numbers if perhaps there was a white bar top or bottom, but what is the number?

?25?
125?
25?
25??

Or is the diagonal split on the "5" evidence of a third set of markings with this original number being on black?

Rob

Image1

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1