Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rear stand jump...

When the rear stand is in the up position, but still quite near the road, it is usually because the owner has put the snail cam (chain adjuster ) the wrong way round.

I'm quite sure that neither of my M20 stands bounce. However it is impossible to put the springs on without the aid of a stretching tool. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

yes, the wear of the stand-holes in the frame is mostly on the bottom/rear side so it not the use of the stand but the bouncing which causes this. And the RHS where the spring is fitted is usually in worse shape then the other.

And this wear has again great effect on the position of the stand when in use and causes extreme forces on the pivots when the stand is too far under the bike.

Maybe a grease nipple on the bolts would help to prevent this wear ? or a clip on the mudguard, vintage style.

Here an example of a tool which stretches the spring, can't do without:

IMG-5236

thanks to all of the advice. I try to verify all these items.
As a last resort I too have thought of a vintage clips.

Massimo

I've knotted a loop of innertube rubber onto the lower mudguard stay at the pannier welded stud, it is then looped over the foot of the stand. This works a treat, quick to put on or off and if you put it on the near side it doesn't get dirty from the exhaust.
Richard

Massimo
thanks to all of the advice. I try to verify all these items.
As a last resort I too have thought of a vintage clips.

Massimo
Hi all,
problem solved :relaxed:
I replaced the spring with a NOS spring (they looks the same) now the stand does not bounce anymore.
Thanks at all!

Massimo

Nieuwe pagina 1