The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: D Day 2019 (75th anniversary)

hi all,

any new developments on the normandy visit? If all goes well i will be there also on the M21 and would love to see other there.

email (option): robbyprinsen@hotmail.com

Re: D Day 2019 (75th anniversary)

And I'm just in front of both of you at 73 going on 60! My first Normandy tour was the first one with the MVCG for the 30th D-Day anniversary in 1974 and I've enjoyed every one. I was driving Charlie Mann's K2 ambulance as featured in the latest edition of Windscreen for April page 33. The half-track was Charlie's too, driven by Ralph Berryman, and the QL trooper on the next page was Mike Ely's also with the Cornish contingent. We had Will Weightman with us, a DR who had landed at Arromamnches at 7am on D-Day. He managed to meet up with a french family he knew from those days and was whisked away and treated royally so we didn't see a lot of him.
Richard and I have been booked in at Etreham for 2019 since last year but we will be seeing them in a couple of weeks to confirm it.
PS I have already volunteered to help with any organising for next year if John or John want to point me in the right direction

email (option): paul@holmesfamily.ws

Nieuwe pagina 1