Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mounting the Magdyno

This is indeed a REME modification that was carried out to repair a worn magneto seal housings...I've had a number of WD crank cases with this worked done...Sometimes the plates are steel and sometimes brass but the dimensions and fitting procedures are broadly the same....

I don't quite understand how you ran the bike previously with this fitted, or did you just ignore the misalignment of the gears?..Have you changed the crank cases?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, but where these reinforcements flush with the crank case, or did they stick out for about 3mm, as can be seen on the photo of August 17th ? This sets back the magdyno for the same amount, and causes my problem...
I changed the crank case some 4 years ago, since it was in better condition than the old one. Shortly after that, I got health problems and since then I have not ridden the bike.:cry:

If the back of the magneto drive gear is engaged with the oil seal OK and there are no other problems I wouldn't worry too much about the gear alignment....The Gold Star runs a much narrower idler wheel as standard without any issues and I've thinned down all the gears in the past when tuning OHV engines....(that make a lot more power)

I can't say I paid much attention to how far the 'repair piece' protruded from the back of the crank case...I guess you tend to look at these issues when you have to...

I'll have a look to see if I currently have any cases with the part fitted and if I have I'll post the results later...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Here is another one of those REME repairs. I can't remember who's engine it is though? Ron

M20_042

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

One thing that nobody mentioned yet? is that you can put all the spacers/shims on the bearings on the magneto armature on one side, so the shaft sticks a bit more out.

Might just do the trick!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi(XX).net (think about this!!)

Nieuwe pagina 1