Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Three days in the Rain, Mud and Cow S**t, life doesn't get better when you have your WD M20 wit

Many thanks for the great photos John. You are giving me itchy tyres!

Your exploits are helping motivate me to get an end to end organised which was what I promised myself when I'd finished the WM20.

Keep posting mate.

Re: Three days in the Rain, Mud and Cow S**t, life doesn't get better when you have your WD M20 wit

John B,

I admire very much the way you take your bike out on the road, and I love the pictures taken of where you've been.

I think quite a few people don't actually ride that much (with the passing years I do rather fewer miles than I used to) so you inspire me, and others, to get back to riding.

Thank you,

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Breakfast? Is that porridge? For God's sake John are you English? ....Where's the bacon and eggs? Ron:relaxed:

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nothing wrong with porridge..as long has you have the Golden Syrup and milk to go with it...Ian:ok_hand:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I saw John's camping kit, which has led me to the following general question: "How good is your M20 at going round roundabouts in the wet fully freighted?"

Mine has a tendency to lose the front wheel in the wet if loaded as the front gets very light.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Usually these days I take my bike in my van for camping trips, but the last time I went on the bike was April last year when we rode down to Lyme Regis. Camping kit was to a minimum as we only camped one night and ate out so only brewing kit was required. It did rain for the first 30-40 miles and I just try not to lean too much in the wet on roundabouts as I'm always expecting diesel spills.

Here's us at Portland Bill and West Bay Bridport on route. I could have done with a much heavier sleeping bag that night as it was bloody freezing. Ron
M20_451
how to delete your facebook

M20_457
M20_462

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It was some gravel that got me on a roundabout coming out of the Brenner pass, I was on the second time around trying to remember if it was Strasbourg or Salzburg I wanted.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi Patrick

Like Ron not too much lean going around roundabouts and slow speeds take your time in the wet.
Can experience front wheel and handle bar wobble at slow speeds while pulling away, also braking at
slow speeds, pump those fork links full of good grease.
Keep as much heavy weight as possible right behind your back.
Keep your fingers crossed!!
JB

Here's a picture taken a while back with the bike packed for a Normandy tour...Everything I need to survive for about 10 days!

I found the 'wobble' of the bars at low speed is rather like the effect that occurs with a sidecar outfit and a slight increase in the pressure of grip on the bars stops it...

Generally handling is OK, though less responsive than when unloaded..I certainly don't have any doubts about the bikes abilities on corners or feel unsafe in any way...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

With me, even though I have break down cover, I can't get out of the habit of taking a "kitchen sink" tool kit that weighs a ton.

Also, I am quite tight, so I take two 500ml coke bottles filled with oil just in case; petrol station oil is more expensive than a Costa Coffee!

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Your bikes all look so good....
I would't dare place a photo of mine. I would probably be banned from this website !

If your ride is anything like my around the coast ride (on a LE!)three days of crap weather are followed by glorious days when the world is a wonderful place to be on an old bike. As long as you are going forward all is well.
Richard

Lovely photos guys 👌🏻👍🏻⛺️🌳

Good effort ... really nice to see.....

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1