Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WM20 roller bearings size?

Thanks so much for this, Ian. It's most helpful. I think my supplier must have the part number wrong, so I'll send an email to him. We can't have more people getting bewildered!

The source for the 15/64th measurement is on the Draganfly site, when you go to buy the 26-0650 rollers, there it is next to the price and the small picture.

I think I'll stick with 1/4 by 1/4.

Many thanks, Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

The part number is 26-650. Drags have changed theirs to 26-0650 which is automatically superseded by T527 which looks like a Triumph part to me.......One size fits all? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

:face_with_rolling_eyes: Dear old Draganfly...Near enough's good enough...Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ron,

You are correct. Draganfly's parts diagram shows the rollers as 26-650, but then on the 'buy it' page the number becomes 26-650 and 26-0650 and also has T527 as their substitute; dimensions for that are given as 15/6.

A search through parts sellers has Feked listing 26-650 and 26-0650 as identical, but as measuring 1/4 by 5/16.
Peter's Classic just lists 26-0650 for the m20, at 1/4 by 5/16.
Classic motorcycle has the same.
When I place the 5/16 rollers against the clutch inner sleeve I can see they are too tall for the bearing surface.

All part of the fun....

Allan

Bit of a typo there Allan! Drags give the length of their rollers as 15/64". It is very important to have at least 12 thou reduction in the 1/4" length for some Triumph models, as I learnt the hard way on my 38 Speedtwin. But to my knowledge it's standard 1/4 x 1/4 rollers in an Empire Star type clutch. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ooops - you're right about the typo, Ron. Many apologies. 15/64 is what it should be - and I think the extra clearance would be important, too, from the sound of your experience with your Triumph..

I'm going with 1/4 by 1/4 rollers for my wm20. Just have to wait for them to arrive.

With a smile,

Allan

Without trying to sound like an expert I'm sure 1/4 x 1/4 are correct for M20 clutches. 1/4 x 15/64 are the size used in Burman clutches on Matchless etc.
Richard

Nieuwe pagina 1