Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Removing the oil Quill.

The part of the quill that is in the casing is parallel but with an oil groove round it...Once you remove the aluminium to expose the end of the quill you should be able to heat the casing and then pull it out...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Trevor, I succesfully removed a broken one out by mig-welding a stud / piece of threaded end on it. Then with a bush, washer and nut around it you can pull it out with good control.

Good luck! Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

And after that, Michiel. Just press in an new one ?
Maybe sligtly oversize to get a good fit ?

Ian Wright
The part of the quill that is in the casing is parallel but with an oil groove round it...Once you remove the aluminium to expose the end of the quill you should be able to heat the casing and then pull it out...Ian
Excellent,
Thank you
So I have to grind out some alloy that has been swaged or rolled over on top of the Quill.
I did try to measure the exposed area of the base section of the quill and it looked to be the same as the replacement .
Must have got it wrong, so it is out with the dremmel tool.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

When I replaced my broken oil quill I machined the new quill to make it sit below the surface of the aluminium. I then pressed the aluminium over the quill to secure it in place firmly. Still works ok after many miles.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1