Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Did BSA actually make any B30's, if so how many ?

It is possible to build a 'lookalike' using various BSA parts...Exactly what parts rather depends on how 'close' you want your lookalike to be to the original...

Basically, and perhaps obviously, the closer you want it to be to the original the harder it will be to complete...
If you just want a bike you can ride that looks similar to a B30 but is easily identified as a 'copy' then that is much more easily done...

Whatever you want to build the starting point is some research on the original...You will then need some knowledge of suitable alternative BSA parts that can be used or modified for use...So, what fits what in effect...

If you are happy to have a lookalike machine it would be a worthwhile project as they are a nice machine to ride...and there are also options such as a capacity increase to 500cc (or more) to think about!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Did BSA actually make any B30's, if so how many ?

Thanks Ron and Ian.

Crikey, sounding like the WB30 would be quite difficult to build a copy of. Especially, as I'd expect parts, ie, frames etc of a B29 would be almost non existent.

Will take my time and research I think. It's good to know a little bit more about them though, so thank you.

Best I focus on my '42 WM20 first, and keep learning about them all. :)

Cheers.

email (option): marty.whyte@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1