Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you live in the UK? Are you going to Normandy? Have you got your OGEL?

This from a government rep. Ron

Thank you for your enquiry, and apologies for the delay.

In answer to your questions;

The Compliance Unit, part of the Export Control Joint Unit, does not carry out compliance visits to holders of the Open General Export Licence (Vintage Military Vehicles). I can also confirm that this licence will remain valid until either you surrender it, or for any reason we decide to revoke the licence (which we have no plans to do)

Regarding your question about other members, a licence will be required by anybody exporting controlled items from the UK.

Further information is available from our helpdesk.

Best Regards

Lorraine

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Article 6 from the next piece of government gobbledygook confirms that France Germany and Belgium are indeed exempt from having to apply for an OGEL. Ron

6. As a result of the introduction of this exemption, individuals and owners of historic military vehicles will not need to apply for an export licence (whether for an Open General Export Licence or any other type of licence) if temporarily taking a relevant vehicle to either Belgium, France or Germany (provided you can meet the stated conditions).

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Quite correct Ron. You do not need one of these licences unless you are staying for more than 3 months. (in the stated countries).

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

I think mine is still running, I have taken my M20 to Arnhem so it was supposedly necessary.

However if we do crash out of Europe, they may need to be re-negotiated, time will tell.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1