Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph 3sw

Hi I have just found a Triumph 3SW, It was going a number of years ago but has been laid up since. It is in good order but will need electrics sorted i.e a loom and regulator and painted as it is now a maroon colour. There is no side stand and the rear is incorrect but will be ok until one is sourced. Numbers. below the seat is TL 18932 on the engine is 29227 C5108 M with 68 below. I cannot at present find a frame number. The question is how do I date this bike and where should the frame number be.
Thank you for taking the time to read this request.

email (option): robertdixon731@hotmail.com

Re: Triumph 3sw

The frame number should be round the top steering stem housing and is repeated under the saddle......Sometimes the date is under the saddle.

I've just had a quick look as I'm just off to W&P, it looks like 18932 is a rare 5SW frame from 1940. Ron
3SW_004

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you for replying. I have found the frame number and it is as stated. What is the chance of finding a 5sw engine Or is anyone looking to swap a 500 for a 350.
I put petrol in the tank and after 3 kicks it fired up. I need to look at the petrol tap as there is a leak. I collect bikes (mainly Norton) and may swap or sell the Triumph.
If anyone is interested drop me a note. The bike is in Northern Ireland and it has no tax book or any paperwork. You will have to get an age related number. The rimss and tyres were replaced some time ago and are in good order.
The head lamp needs painting as really the whole bike could do with a change of colour. I can send pictures if required I will try and get some uploaded.
Robert
IMG_0472.jpg

Tap corks have dried out, should be fine in a couple of days

email (option): jeremy@clogmaker.co.uk

Thank you. An old friend once told me to pour boiling water over the corks and all would be well. I done as he said and it works No leaks.

Nieuwe pagina 1