Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Data Plate stamping

Me too...wondering the same. Although I'll probably have to do it myself as I'm on the other side of the planet. If I could find the correct font I could have an engraving shop do it.

email (option): ccandgc@yahoo.com

Hi Dave and Chad,

Just wondering, why didn't you get Roy to stamp it, when you bought it?
I got mine from Roy, awhile ago, and he stamped it for me, and a very nice job he did too:smiley:

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

:face_with_rolling_eyes: damn , didn't realise at the time he could do it .If you read this Roy can I send it back to you for stamping ?:laughing:

Dave

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Styles vary between contracts. Some appear to have been etched rather than stamped but they were consistent across the whole of the contract. That said, replacement plates appear to have been made on occasion.

If you want to be truly accurate then it will be necessary to find images showing plates from the contract that you wish to display.

hello guys
for stamping you can use a 3 mm stamps
i am not be able to stamp them anymore as i dont have the stamps

email (option): roy206@hotmail.com

Thanks Roy

Found the correct font for my data plate .What I can work out from the Orchard and Maddon book mine is contract C9310 Cat No 30 which is identical to the plate I found on the internet.............. shame its not for sale its part of someones restoration :face_with_rolling_eyes: .

I have some 5mm stamps (numbers) of the same font but not the 3mm , so I'm scouring the net to try locate and purchase the correct size .

[/URL]

Glad to see a plate up close.
My contract number is S7218 - 37

email (option): ccandgc@yahoo.com

S7218 probably had the later type of steel contract plate - this is from Norton contract S5161.

S5161_Contract_Plate

I don't know if yours will be the same font ,it was a lucky find coming up with the identical contract as mine , I think I've found the stamps with the correct font .

Nieuwe pagina 1