Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
introducing myself

hello all,

I am Robby, 36 years of age and from the netherlands. After having owned and completely restored a 1942 willys jeep,i wanted bigger and bought and restored a 1943 Dodge WC51 and now wanted something small again next to my dodge for the events further away, plus i like driving motorcycle and like the look of old motorcycles. I now own a BSA M21 restoration project.

It has frame number WM20 356

I started a facebook page where i post pictures. Now people can choose for them self if they want to see the pictures or not instead of bombard everybody in my list with the pictures.

If there are question or comments, please do.

Thanks

email (option): robbyprinsen@hotmail.com

Re: introducing myself

WM20 356 (with matching engine and frame numbers) was an M21, according to the frame book sent to Forsyth in Cairo in November 1939 but there is a duplicate entry in the engine book saying that it went to the War Office in London in May 1940.

It may therefore have been a cancelled export order that was re-directed. The BSA records are a mess of duplicate entries.

Do you know how your bike came to be in the The Netherlands ?

You are a smart man Rik, I only had taken a look in the frame book. It seems to have been in Egypt anyway as some of the gaskets had Egyptian text on it, Hussein translated it and the gaskets were made from a sugar box.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

hello

indeed like Henk said. I had Egyptian gaskets and also my tires are egyptian. Still would love to see the duplicate entry to the war office.

THe motorcycle i bought from a small village in Germany. This guy bought it 30years ago but never started the restoration.

Thanks

email (option): robbyprinsen@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1