Comment
Pete The Jeep's Spitfire and Ariel photos

Pete_01
Pete_02
Pete_03
Pete_04

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: Pete The Jeep's Spitfire and Ariel photos

Come on then Pete. Tell us the story about the Spitfire. As if anyone will believe you:scream: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

AB910 was built at Castle Bromwich in 1941 and during her operational career,2flew with 222, 130,133, 242, 416(Canadian, 402(Canadian,SQNs.Her operational record came to an end when in,July 1944 she was transferred to 53 O.T.U. at RAF HIBALDSTOW in Licolnshire. It was here on the 14th February 1945, LACW Margaret Horton was sat on the tailplane whilst the pilot, Flt Lt Neil Cox the was taxying the Spit to it's take off point. Prior to take off it was (and still is) standard procedure to "run up", the engine and check the mags for mag drops. This he did, but didn't realise Margaret hadn't got off the tail, opened the throttle and took off with Margaret "wrapped" around the leading edge of the fin. He flew a circuit and landed safely after complaining over the R.T. about the kites handling.They hadn't told him the cause of the problem to avoid any panic.

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

Margaret_001
Margaret_002
Margaret_003

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

There yer go Ron... oh and I was lucky enough to have worked on AB910 as a rigger during my time in "the mob".

OK Pete. I guess the newspaper cuttings prove that it's not a figment of your imagination. What on Earth must have been going through her mind up there? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Blimey Ron,don't you trust me ? I'd have to be knocking back something pretty special to up with a tale like that😂😂🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Nieuwe pagina 1