The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How was Normandy this year?

Hello Chaps...

Trust alls well I've been out riding, fixing and mostly more riding recently locally which has been glorious. Spent alot of time and events with the GMC 353 as we can all get in it. Managed to unexpectedly make Normandy in a rather funny way, friend of mine buys and sells vintage military aircraft, he needed a hand with a Hawker Hunter fuselage frame which was in the Loire nr the Tank Museum in Sameur so we headed down 5th June, went through St Mere Eglise, Carentan, stopping at Utah beach on the 6th whilst on the way home.

St Mere was very empty, the French said that they celebrate most of it a week before and many leave the morning of the 6th. Utah where we were was empty. Guess it wont be like that next year but then we only stopped for a short time. The A10 Airfield museum if i'm honest was a real shame to visit, all the gear is pretty much gone with a few bits around but nice to chat with the very nice Bar Lass

75th hope to take the truck with the BSA in the back...

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Re: How was Normandy this year?

Ron,
Yes with the sun it's much better! Except Caen area and the numerous destroyed villages, not much has changed in Normandy since the war, so it's indeed a pleasure to ride in that rather preserved lanscape. For next year I've booked at Reine Mathilde camping so look forward to seeing you with all other Despatch riders

Nieuwe pagina 1