Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20/B33oversize piston update...

After finally getting payments and specifications finalised, I placed the order for the latest batch of pistons today...

I'll post here again when I take delivery....Ian:relaxed:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: M20/B33oversize piston update...

Hi Ian.

Sent an email but not sure if it went through, I’m interested in one if you have any in stock.

Thanks
Harley

Hi, This isn't a 'stock' item since I've retired...There was a build up of demand and I needed a couple myself so I had a one off batch manufactured...

However, I'm afraid they are all accounted for as they were pre ordered...

Due to the fact it costs well over £2000 to have a batch done there won't be anymore until the current batch is cleared through and demand builds up again to the minimum number required for an order...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Darn it. I’ve just came back from a trip to Normandy with my m33 and decided to pull the barrel as she’s always been abit smokey to find the gudgeon pin has been eating the cylinder wall a good 1mm. So I’m in need of a fix either a piston, another barrel or getting this one lined. I’m in abit of a bind as I need it back together for September, any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Harley

Harley Peters
Darn it. I’ve just came back from a trip to Normandy with my m33 and decided to pull the barrel as she’s always been abit smokey to find the gudgeon pin has been eating the cylinder wall a good 1mm. So I’m in need of a fix either a piston, another barrel or getting this one lined. I’m in abit of a bind as I need it back together for September, any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Harley
Replace the gudgeon pin and clip then carry on till winter.
If the groove is 1mm or more deeper then it has been happily running like that and will continue to do so.
Just Try to avoid WFO throttle as that will send a lot of oil out the breather.
These are not modern bikes that will throw a hissy fit at the slightest provocation they are BSA and will get the job done no matter what.
The barrel is now toast so you will at the least need a rebore & bigger piston or at worst need a new sleeve so go out and enjoy your summer riding, keep one eye on the oil level & the other out for a new barrel.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1