Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Battery ID

Would anyone have any idea what make of battery is fitted to this prototype Douglas? It's not Lucas or Exide. It has a circle embossed into the front where the unreadable makers name sits. Ron

s_l1600_2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Battery ID

You're developing an unhealthy obsession with WW2 batteries Ron!...:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I can't help it Ian! I'm under the influence of the French Connection:blush: Ron

Varta?

Is it not one of these, prewar there were several sizes of Lucas battery with a round logo ?

http://www.wdnorton.nl/Electrical_equipment_page/Lucas%20PUW7E%20met%20deksel.jpg

Regards Gary

You're obviously not keeping abreast of current threads Gary:smile: :smiley: :smile: Those are what Arnaud makes anyway. Any war time date and any colour you want as long as it's black. Ron
DSCF0742
delete amazon account

DSCF0743
how do i deactivate

DSCF0745

That's one I've never heard of Noam. But I doubt that Douglas would buy batteries from Australia. A Google search indicates that they are going strong in South Africa now. Ron

These are some better views of the Douglas battery:

Jan

I've been studying those pictures for a while now Jan, but too grainy to read anything. Ken's Varta is a possibility, but I can't find a period image. Oh well back to normal stuff! Ron

Hi Again,

"Shield" batteries were manufacturing since 1910 and has a round logo and is British,
But the letters in photo seem a lot like a D at the start and finished with A?... :thinking_face:

Noam.

Shield Batteries "Powering the Future since 1910", still on the go today. Their Head Office is in Bishops Stortford, my nearest town!

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Hi Ron,
the only other battery maker I remember from my youth were Varley, but I don't know if they had a logo.
Phil James.

email (option): p.james.mail@gmail.com

1947 advert for DAGENITE batteries.The battery fitted on the Douglas looks like it could be taller and more narrow than a standard size battery?

Nieuwe pagina 1