Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
exhaust pipe

hello,

What is the difference between part 66-2904 and 66-2995, both exhausts are for rigid frames.

cheers
John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Re: exhaust pipe

Hi Johan,

The 66-2904 is Exhaust pipe, M20/1 1937-49
And the 66-2995 is Exhaust pipe, M20/1 49-62, Rigid & plunger,

So the difference may be at the position of the fixing tab?

Noam.

['So the difference may be at the position of the fixing tab?..']

It is indeed...The first one is for rigid/girder fork models the second for rigid and plunger tele fork models...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks for the info, Noam and Ian. I just recieved an exhaust pipe of which the position of the fixing tab was too "low".
So I need part 66-2995

John

I will try to show a picture.

uitlaat

If you got your exhaust pipe from Armours they don't fit properly. The curve is wrong and the bracket is in the wrong place. I think the problem is where they expand the tubing to fit into the barrel it upsets the curve.
I'm probably going to cut a few millimeters off mine and see does that help line up the bracket

email (option): mickwalsh57@gmail.com

They seems to make them to long at the cylinder end. I have been cutting small slices from the tube until it ended up exactly where it had to go.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I once offered to lend Armours a NOS M20 pipe so that they could reset their bending jig and get it right...They declined....Figure that out...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I just had the same issue Ian. I took Darren (the new boss) an original M20 pipe (or at least one that fitted perfectly) He then produced their pattern pipe which they have used for over 40 years which was identical to mine.....Say no more! Something wrong with the jigging and the way they are bent.

As long as I have a pattern I can get pipes made at an independent source. Having said that, I took this original front pipe to my guy to get two copied for Hitchcock's and he couldn't complete the bend accurately without cutting and welding it. Ron

DSCF0759
DSCF0735

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

That's not the first time I hear of trouble with Armours.
Would it really be that difficult to make the pipes fit properly..?
It seams they are just being unacurate.

If you live in Holland, John, you could try "London" uitlaat systemen.
They made mine, years ago. Perfect fit, but also the wrong curve.
Its finished in dull chrome that seams to last very well.

IMG_20180526_115718406_HDR

IMG_20180526_110518286_HDR

The measurement between the top of the pipe and the fixing tab should be 22 cm
That would be my question When I order a pipe in England

John

Ian Wright
['So the difference may be at the position of the fixing tab?..']

It is indeed...The first one is for rigid/girder fork models the second for rigid and plunger tele fork models...Ian
Ian , looking at my picture for which model is this exhaust pipe? Cheers. John

John,

I'd say that your pipe is for the tele fork model but I don't think that tab would line up with that frame either. The front down tube on the tele fork model comes into the engine at a sharper angle to provide more clearance for the mudguard at full bump.

009-1

bocht

This another exhaust that does not fit.

John

I got my (stainless) M20 exhaust and silencer from Armours last summer. Fits perfectly!

A few years ago I got a two into one for the A10. They advised that the offside fimmed exhuast ring would need fettling due to the tight bend on the header but otherwise it fiited fine.

Just saying.

Nieuwe pagina 1