Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Single Spring clutch

I imagine that this will be very easy for many of you to answer so here goes! Knowing that I had no clutch I bought the parts for a single Spring clutch about a year ago. All parts are in really excellent condition. I have 2 questions, firstly do I have all the plates, and secondly what order are they assembled in? I can't seem to find an exploded diagram of this clutch, despite spending some time looking. I have 8 friction plates, 3 steel plates with internal notches and 4 steel plates with external protrusions. I have quite a lot of experience with the 6 Spring clutch which I am not that keen on but this one is new to me. Any help most appreciated. Mike

email (option): paduanomike58@gmail.com

Re: Single Spring clutch

Mike quite a few of us assemble these minus one steel plate and one friction plate. Especially so if the friction plates are after market which are often thicker than standard. But in any case it makes for more room for the plates to separate in the basket so less chance of drag, it makes it lighter to operate and I don't experiance any slip in either of my M20's.....Both of which are more powerfull than standard. Ron

PS The thickness of the original Ferodo rings was 3/32".
Scan_150628_0002

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Single Spring clutch

That's great Ron - just the information I needed. Many thanks. Mike

email (option): paduanomike58@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1