Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stafford Classic Bike Show...

I'll be off to Stafford within the next hour...I'm in my usual spot (stall number 417 outside) if any forum members want to stop for a chat...Ian:sunglasses:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Stafford Classic Bike Show...

Didn't manage to go to Stafford ,only missed two now since 1988,was there plenty of WD parts or any project bikes in the autojumble,or are they getting more scarce now.

Leon was at my house last night and tells me that there were more tools, fudge and funny hats and girls selling beads and main dealer stalls spread out in the main hall to make it look more full?? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yeah I'll go along with that Ron, definitely not what it used to be, too expensive for some traders to attend. The Stafford shop by the downstairs bar were selling all of their prepacked baguettes sandwiches cakes etc on Sunday afternoon for one price £1.00 each so I'm guessing attendance was down and they didn't want to be stuck with all their perishable stock.

It's the same with autojumbles here in Holland.
Hardly worth the trouble going to.
The good days seem to be gone.

Stop coming at me with those negative waves...

Whilst these shows certainly aren't what they used to be, probably as much due to e bay as anything, I had a stall as usual and sold more than enough to make it a worthwhile trip..

In fact I thought that this year people were more willing to pay the asking price than in the previous couple of years..

I also managed to find some very good parts for my Goldie project, so had some success as a buyer as well...

However, I guess if everyone buys and sells on e bay then the shows will ultimately fail completely...A bit like Amazon and the demise of the high street shops. You can't have it all ways. Ultimately the traders will also move to where the market is...

Personally, I wouldn't say attendance was down and that the shop has always sold off its surplus stock every year...As they can't work out exactly how many sarnies they will need it's better to sell any surplus a reduced price than to throw it away...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Four of us went on Sunday from the Welsh Marches. Seemed pretty full to me. The Royal Agricultural show, The CLA game fair and the Essex Country Fair [traction engines] have all been interneted to extinction but lots of folk still want a day out, and if the stalls are cheap enough this show will keep running.

Nieuwe pagina 1