Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WM20 Levers

The handbrake button is handy to stop the bike rolling off the field stand, but I think the spring in mine is a bit weak...... I was sat at the head of a traffic light queue at a busy junction in Poole....Front brake on, in gear ready to roll when I accidentally flicked the handbrake on, by the time I'd found neutral to use both hands to release the front brake, the lights were red again......I could feel the hatred from behind:fearful: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Managed to get one of the levers clean of the cosmoline and loosely fitted :grinning: .I don't know if the cosmoline stained them but I had to resort to a soft wire brush on the dremel , unfortunately couldn't get it all off .

Decided to renew the cables while I'm on , ordered the cables and found the front brake cable outer sheath is 50mm longer than the one that was on :face_with_rolling_eyes: , ordered another and that was the same so rather than send them back I cut them down.

I removed the handbrake button Ron, knowing my luck I would end up in the same predicament :grin: , is there anyone that sells the curved horn button to match the lever ? .

Thanks

Dave

[/URL]

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

There's been no mention here of the 2018 practicality of these solderless nipples. I've never had any problems with mine, does anyone know of issues with them? Mine used to break the clutch cable every few thousand miles when it was in regular use, at the usual spot next to the lever. Some time back there was a magnificently grotty ohv BSA in the district that'd had the nipples adapted to take cable that looked like it'd been purloined from the nearest dockyard.

Dave the horn push is Lucas 76206 but I haven't noticed them around lately. There used to be repros. I think the dipswitch Lucas 31405 are still available as repros. Worth searching ebay etc. Good luck. Ron

Ron Pier
Dave the horn push is Lucas 76206 but I haven't noticed them around lately. There used to be repros. I think the dipswitch Lucas 31405 are still available as repros. Worth searching ebay etc. Good luck. Ron
Thanks Ron .I searched the net but couldn't see anything that looked similar , but now with the part numbers that's made it easier .

Thanks again

Dave

These NOS cables have no nipple on the one end so must be for the early type lever.

If you're selling those Steve. I'd like one (or two) please. Ron

Steve S.
These NOS cables have no nipple on the one end so must be for the early type lever.
I'm doing the clutch next , if you do happen to be selling them and if possible I would like to buy one please

Thanks

Dave

Dave, there leads the path to rivet-counting and obsession. Fit one cloth-covered cable and you have to fit them all !

It's a disease, I tell 'ee, a disease !:grinning:

Rik
Dave, there leads the path to rivet-counting and obsession. Fit one cloth-covered cable and you have to fit them all !

It's a disease, I tell 'ee, a disease !:grinning:
Well being a rookie and knowing nothing about the WM20 , I've been reading the forum posts looking at pictures asked a couple of questions got the answers and find myself going around the bike , and still know very little :joy: , oh the ammetre is incorrect too , so looking for a CZ27 (picked that up off the forum too):grin: .

I'm getting a bit worried now , fussy , obsessed or the dreaded............. rivet counter? :laughing:

Nieuwe pagina 1