Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dynamo giving trouble

If you get two wires joined at on end, put one end in the D socket and one in the F socket. hold on to the side of a 12 volt bulb the end of the bulb hold against an earth point on revving the engine it should light the bulb. If this doesn't work I think you are looking at another armature for the dynamo.

Re: Dynamo giving trouble

Hi Mark

A battery powered hand drill may rev sufficiently to get the dynamo to kick in. However, you may need it to revolve a little quicker. Don't rev the dynamo for too long though as you have no way of regulating the strength of the field coil.

Also, have a look at BSA Technical Sheets 808 and 808A (808 is negative earth and 808A is positive earth). I can't say that I have paid any attention to the brush location on these two wiring diagrams, but they do seem different (F still goes to F and D to D). I was going to ask someone like Noam why they would differ.

I have been trying to get my small mind round which wire goes where on my field coil for an E3L as I have no way of distinguishing which of the two wires go where (i.e. which one goes to F and which to earth). They are both cut short and both black!

Regards

Pat

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1