Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Time

I was at a show and someones kid told me his Grandfather was in the war...I said that was interesting....

He then asked me if I knew him...:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I lead an 80 mile DR Run last Saturday that included a visit to the village of Tyneham http://www.tynehamopc.org.uk/

We were mostly dressed in wet weather gear as it was drizzling first thing (Although the sun shone for the rest of the day). There was quite a bit of interest in the bikes as is usual, and one group wanted to know how we'd got the bikes delivered to such a remote area for the 'display':smiley: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I was waiting to get served in the café at Nothe Fort which is now a museum. I wearing my DR kit as it was Weymouth veterans weekend and the woman next to me in the queue asked me where I was stationed....

More bizarrely I was having a smoke in the foyer of a MacS**tburger establishment on the way to Portsmouth, prior to going to Normandy, and had on my full kit including DR coat as it was hissing down with rain...

The woman next to me commented on the terrible weather and I expressed a hope it would clear up soon as I was going to be camping for the next 10 days...Looking at the DR coat etc. she then asked me if I was in the Scouts!...:laughing: :laughing:

Mind you, that assumes I am normal going round in WW2 DR kit and those ladies were a bit dim...Is that right?.......Ian:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1