Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA quality engineering

Hello all, had a go today at shortening my late war M20 long field stand to an early war type (C7487) 55cm I believe , Typical bsa over engineering pinned and brased what a pain in the arse, will get it sorted tho, I'm sure some one has already done this (Even tho it's April fools day) any tips for any Fools who will need to modify theirs ? BTW i thought WD40 was devoloped by NASA, Never a straight answer'

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Re: BSA quality engineering

Had to cut the pipe on mine then get it off the peg end with a lathe and take it back to the pin. Then pressed it in and didn't bother about any braze as it stuck in very sturdy. I'm still after the "correct" measurement as I believe it's all in speculation at the moment so I made mine 20". Works ok but I never use it anyway cos fuel always leaks out the carby

Going to see my mate today to get the end turned down in his lathe (not going to attempt with a grinder) will re braze it tho, if it falls out i'll probably never find another,
Regards, John.

email (option): rustytomm@hotmail.com

My original short field-stand is 55 cm in total length, due to wear it lost a few mm at the end of the tip. 55 cm is 21,6535433 inch so 22 inch is just about the correct length for a short field-stand.

As you probably know a short field-stand has a full round disc at the end unlike the long version of the field-stand.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi Henk, Got the end turned down, exactly 22 inches total length given it to my welder/fabricator mate to re braze and make a piece to weld onto the disc, happy days'
Regards John,

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1