Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum picture

This is one of the 530 C11's that were specially modified with a mag/dyno and other features for the India Office in London. I don't know why this factory picture shows it with shiny paint? To my knowledge, there are none surviving. Ron

C10_C11_002

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Forum picture

Is it an old-fashioned artist's cut & paste on a standard model, Ron, or did they modify a standard bike in the development shop ?

Only suitable for castratis to ride I think. That tank top filter doesn't look at all comfortable.

Another strange thing is that the oil pipes under the engine are pointing forward.
Did anybody notice that ?
And they seem to go up....
Never seen that before.

Isn't the oil tank in the fuel tank half on the C11 ?

Quite right. The 1938-40 'C' models have the oil tank combined with the fuel tank. The post war 'C's' have the oil tank under the saddle and different crankcases with rear facing oil pipes. Ron

DSCF0632

C10_415

Are these C11s, Ron ?

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/royal-signals-demonstration/query/royal+Signals

Unfortunately Rik. The video wont play for me. Ron

I've managed to play it Rik. Very grainy but I'd hazard that they are 250 Royal Enfield's. What does Jan think?

Ron

It's a mixed up lot, that's all that I can say when I look at the stills! I can see at least three M20s (the field stand is quite recognisable), one Norton (horn position is typical here), but I can't identify the rest I'm afraid...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1