Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 Air Filter

I was wondering if anyone fits any type of air filter when they are out and about or planning a long trip . Reason I ask I am/was contemplating fitting a filter just as a peace of mind to stop any undesirable grit / sand being drawn in while riding or should I not bother ?

I see from searching around on the net the Voakes filter was fitted later .If a filter was fitted would I be correct in thinking I would need to re jet or the difference it would make would be negligible , if anyone has used a filter what would be the "correct" one to use ?

Thanks

Dave

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Re: WM20 Air Filter

FWIW as I run a 626 or 928 depending upon the trip both are fitted with Std Pill Box filters and I would not run a lawnmower without an air filter

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thanks for the input Trevor . I maybe worrying too much as I have seen WD bikes running with no filters , but with racing motorcycles in the past and my 2 lads still racing (2 strokes) I know how important/critical these items are , ok these are racing tuned engines but muck is muck which ever way you look at it :grin:

Is it one of the modern pillbox filters or period one ?

Thanks

Dave

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

I have a 1941 wd m20 which came with a nice looking Amal air filter clipped onto the carb mouth. The inside had gone so I just used some flat filter material. The filter looks original but I doubt if it is but would be interesting to know if these were fitted to BSA at one time sorry I am useless at posting a picture Bryon

You can email a pic to me and I will post it if you like Bryon.

email (option): mfarnay@bigpond.net.au

Thanks Mark Inside the canister there is a cone shaped holder to fit a cartridge or other type of filter. Now I will go and have a fight with the I phone. Bryon

The question was also if another jet is required.
Any thoughts ?

If the bike is running well there is no need to re jet when using an air filter, you can always check by having a look at the plug before and after. Bryon

Nieuwe pagina 1