Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mag And Air Control

Hi All,
I know these controls are definitely wrong and it’s driving me nuts, I am pretty sure I know what is right but I just want to confirm if someone could post up a pic or two? And also help me locate the correct items.

Also what are the correct bars, 1” or 7/8”? Because I’m not even sure now if I’ve got the correct bars?

I have a light switch mounted to the bars, is this even supposed to be on the bike?

My bike was built sometime between 01/42 and 02/42, I think?

What would the contract number be for it and what does this contract number mean. Does it relate to what the bike should have fitted to it as standard or have I got this wrong? The bike currently has a lucas Altette horn, i don’t think this is correct either?
Frame number WM20.54098

Thanks for your help, I would truely be lost without this forum.

I’m not a major rivet counter but just want my bike to be correct I guess.

photo 628AAD1C-DA12-450D-8D36-A3CBC1946F34_zpss2izo5hd.jpeg

photo AF4D556C-92DB-400A-9885-442A57713E6C_zpsrqwjlfqf.jpeg

photo FF265185-6213-4427-9569-42A025B64222_zpsz3wbbvdx.jpeg

photo 41D5F16B-6BE2-4C85-B17E-B0C1D7FE3B3D_zpsyhbo6eun.jpeg

photo 98168047-97AC-4DF7-AE07-50874A32F6A9_zps8khtk9rj.jpeg

email (option): glenn.johns@hotmail.com

Re: Mag And Air Control

This is the standard Amal set up for an M20. I'm not sure about your clutch lever with the vertical screws type clamp? and can't say I've ever seen a valve lifter piggy backing the clutch lever before? An M20 handlebar is 7/8" and dip switches were deleted early on, when blackout regulations and the WD four position light switch was introduced. Your Altette looks fine to me.

Frame 54098 was one from 10,000 under contract C11101 and mostly delivered in 1942. Each contract (or multiple contracts) would have been allocated their own parts list to work from, taking into account any modification or alterations from previous contracts. Ron

scan_161218_0001
upload image to

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hello, I think the combination is not correct, clutch, lifters and magdyno have single attacks. moreover the cutting screw does not seem to me correct. the horn is correct, is not that you sell it? joke!

email (option): marcoleo1967@gmail.com

Ron,
where would we be without you....

Thanks Ron, for the information at least I know where i'm headed from here.When I purchased the bike I honestly didn't know too much about them and am slowly piecing it together now with what parts are correct and what parts aren't. Yes the valve lever is certainly an odd one so the one I need is just mounts by itself on the bar then. I now have a better idea of what else I need as far as the controls go but the hard bit begins now finding the original bits here. I knew the handle bar light switch was not correct as the light switch in the headlight was also incorrect and as its a two position switch only. One thing though is I am glad at least I have the correct horn button :+1: Thanks for your help its very much appreciated.

email (option): glenn.johns@justice.nsw.gov.au

The switch on your handlebar is just a dip-switch. As I said, these were deleted as there is no point having a dipping headlamp behind a blackout mask:confused:

The WD headlamp switch has an extra 'T' position for a tail lamp only function. This was used to reduce lighting for convoys, where each vehicle just followed the glimmer from the vehicle in front. In fact most vehicles had a switch which turned off the tail lamps completely and reverted to a small flood lamp under the chassis which threw a white light onto a white painted diff or plate or simply just a pool of light on the road. Ron
Just for interest:relaxed:
M20_505
Jeep_125
how do you upload photos

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Glenn
if u interested i have the levers original correct NOS 7/8 - also i have 1''
regards
Hussein

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1