Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pedestrian slicer

Evening all. My m20 is 1944 I've noticed in photos the pedestrian slider is bolted onto the front mud guard and you can see a gap between the slicer and the mud guard mine however is moulded /pressed /brazed on to the mud guard and cannot be removed .Can anyone tell me please is this correct for the bike or what period it comes from cheers Andrew

email (option): andrewbell12@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Pedestrian slicer

I guess you mean the number plate. To my knowledge, only the very early WD M20's had front number plates, which were fitted between two channels that were spot welded to the mudguard....Like my C10 here. I would assume that any other type would have been added on by a post-war REME workshop or a private owner. Ron

DSCF0564_2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the reply Ron I sure your correct and it's another post war added part cheers Andrew

email (option): andrewbell12@hotmail.co.uk

Didn't the BSA number plate have a shaped front edge?..It looks a little tall as well, or is that just the angle of the photo?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian the front number plate shape is just one of the many differences between the 1939 KC10 and the 1940 WC10. Which are the reasons that I thought it was worth owning both models. :+1: Ron
DSCF0565
image upload api

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1