Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which magdyno and carb is correct?

Apologies if this has been covered, but buggered if I can find the info.
And again apologies for all the questions, but in the throws of a basket purchase!

Which magdyno is correct for the '41/'42 WM20's? And which carb? 276?

Mr google has let me down... unless I"m so excited that I can't google properly at the prospect...

email (option): marty.whyte@gmail.com

Re: Which magdyno and carb is correct?

Mag is an MO1/4 anti clock at the drive end. Tight wire advance is standard, but slack wire will work just the same
Carb is a 276C/1B ....but any 1" 276 with the right jets and float bowl will do.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Cheers Ron, and the generator is a E3?

email (option): marty.whyte@gmail.com

E3HM. Ron

I have a magneto and dynamo if you need them
They will need restoration of course.
I’m located in Melbourne

email (option): Darrenacartwright@yahoo.com.au

My M20’s are from 41 and 42 and both have a 276/014R carb. Believed to be used on earlier bikes.
The float bowls are 1B without AN angle.

I might have a complete spare carb. Have to sort it out.

regards, Ramon 😎😎

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

My M20’s are from 41 and 42 and both have a 276/014R carb. Believed to be used on earlier bikes.
The float bowls are 1B without AN angle.

I might have a complete spare carb. Have to sort it out.

regards, Ramon 😎😎

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Yes Ramon, there are two carbs listed in the Amal book for 1940-45 WM20's 276C/1B and 276L/1E I've know idea why? If anyone can understand the Amal numbering system, they are a better man than me Gunga Pooch! Ron

Hi Ron WDM20 carbs are like you say 276C/1B or 276L/1E. I have never seen the latter on a M20 but purchased a pile of 1E complete bowls from a guy in Australia who was buying a lot of original military parts from India about ten years ago. Apparently the 1E bowls were in a box of 144 known as a gross and left behind by the British Army. The 1E bowl does not have the horizontal field elbow under the bowl and it has an extended arm. They were used on lots of V twins in the 1930's and that's is where most of them went to from my collection. The number 276/014R denotes a 1 inch 276 replacement body and was fitted to quite a few bikes besides BSA when the original one stamped 276C/1B were replaced.

email (option): ukcarbsathotmail.com Work it out

['Apparently the 1E bowls were in a box of 144 known as a gross' ...]

I love the Imperial measuring system...Not like boring old Metric...A 'gross' is 12 dozen (144) whereas a 'small gross' is 10 dozen (120)....For larger quantities you can use the 'great gross' which is 12 gross or 1728....Ian:relaxed:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1