Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 breather pipe route.

I know this has been covered before and that Ian posted a photo of the pipe in situ. I cannot "un photobucket" the image. I can see all recent photos but non of the older images.
Could one of the members post another picture of the pipe route please?
Thanks in advance. Jon

email (option): jonsewell8@hotmail.com

Re: WM20 breather pipe route.

Hi All
My engine breather was only attached at the crankcase valve. It was just routed back and round down just in front of the front rear chain sprocket pointing slightly backwards just below and between the left engine/gearbox plate and the left frame tube.
Is there supposed to be a clip to hold the bottom end like the oil tank breather tube? There doesnt seem to be any holes to bolt a clip to.
Cheers
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Yes there is a clip. It fits, I believe, to the small hole on the gearbox plate on the opposite side to the gearbox adjuster.
I was hoping to get a picture from one of our forum members. Regards Jon.

Hi Jon,

I'll send you some photos.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Jon Sewell
Yes there is a clip. It fits, I believe, to the small hole on the gearbox plate on the opposite side to the gearbox adjuster.
I was hoping to get a picture from one of our forum members. Regards Jon.
As far as I know the breather pipe is only connected to the engine breather itself, correct me if I am wrong. The clip mentioned is for the oil tank tube.

Henk

That's right Henk...There is no clip for the breather pipe...I usually 'clip' mine to the lower frame rail at the lower end with a discreetly placed cable tie....So, not 'concourse'..:laughing: ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Probably due to vibrations I had one that snapped off at the little oil hole so a cable tie is not such a bad idea.

Henk

Thanks for correcting me on the small clips job. Was I right to say it mounted on the gearbox plate as I described ?
Regards Jon

Jon,

I'm sure that the clip that goes on the gearbox mounting plate, is for the oil tank breather pipe.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for all the replies, My oil tank breather was clipped to the hole in the right side engine/gearbox plate with a P clip including a rubber insert round the pipe and the pipe had a rubber section connected to the oil tank.
I will do as Ian does and use a cable tie to the left hand frame rail to stop the engine breather pipe from vibrating.
Rgds
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Nieuwe pagina 1