Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
threads

Can anyone tell me please,what the thread is on the fixed point on a lucas face cam type contact breaker?

Re: threads

I'd have to check that...From memory I think that it's 3BA.

However, if the thread in the alloy block has gone it can be tapped out to the larger size of the K2F fixed point and that used instead..The K2F fixed point has to be shortened a little as well for the Magdyno application...

The threads are definitely BA, I'll check the sizes tomorrow if no one posts here first...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian, thanks for your reply.At first sight it appears to be 4 ba. However, when I tried to run a 4 b a die on it it ran on about 4 or 5 threads and then started to jam. Another friend has suggested that it could be a very small unc or unf ??????

I think it is 4 BA actually but BA it definately is.
Oft mutilated and retapped metric

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

I make it that the central screw to the armature is 3BA and the screw that holds the contact breaker is 4BA. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks chaps, you've saved me a job...I can now concentrate on repairing my compressor when I hit the workshop!...Ian:grimacing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It just so happens that I've just stripped a magneto in readiness for overhaul by my bloke. He hates stripping and cleaning so it save him the effort and me the money. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1