Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flying Flea

Just out of curiosity, what would a Military Flying Flea value be here in Australia and where would be the best place to start looking for one? I would like one that is complete either restored or unrestored, I have really developed a soft spot for these little things. Thanks in advance.

email (option): glenn.johns@justice.nsw.gov.au

Re: Flying Flea

Hi Glenn,

For most of the WW2 bikes there isn't a guideline regarding value. Prices have sometimes been crazy in recent years. If you have something to sell you may ask any price you want but the person who pays decides the market prices. Unfortunately some people (who consider selling their bike) think that they have solid gold in their shed and base their asking price on gossip and unconfirmed auction prices.
I always use the simple statement that works the best for me; 'Do I think this bike is worth want I want to pay for it and do I have the money in my pocket?'
I've seen one Flying Flea for sale on Patrick Vullings website for € 6950,-:
http://www.dutch-lion-motorbikes.com/nl/motorfietsen/royal-enfield-flying-flea-1942
As I don't know anything about this type of motorcycle I can't tell you if it's a correct one but there are other forum members who can help.

Good luck,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I believe to be correct if I say that that particular flea on that website is a post war model, altough advertised as a 1942 one. Wartime flea's have a different exhaust expansion chamber. There are other differences between wartime and post-war but I can't recall those right now.

You are right Bjorn It's glaringly post war and I've thought of telling them about the 'Trade Descriptions act'.....Is there such a thing in NL? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I don't know Ron, but 'buyers protection' here in NL is largely overwhelmed by 'legal escapes' so I won't give you any chance if you want to complain.
Looks like he has another one for sale;
http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=92486&cat=5

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

It's not even a Flea!!! it's a RE engined Swedish NV Bolagen, made from 1946 to 1952.

Another misdescription here:

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/motoren/onderdelen-oldtimers/m1261947706-bsa-oorlogs-teller-nos-nieuw-uit-oude-voorraad.html?c=aba4801fe1dcfdf8e084fd4b2e0a17e&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=remarketing&utm_campaign=CO_CRI_LF_BUY_Dynamic_Generic-Motoren&utm_content=OnderdelenOldtimers&utm_term=Motoren

Says it's wartime, but clearly postwar.

Here is what a 100% correct Flea looks like;

Cradle is repro though.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net (think about it!!)

Lex who made the dropping cage, andrew

email (option): warbikes at gee male dot com, think about this folks

andrew hemsley
Lex who made the dropping cage, andrew
Hope I'm not butting in, a guy in GB called Nigel makes Flea drop cages to order .I saw him at Stoneleigh last year ,I spoke with him a few weeks ago and he's going to have one done for me in the next couple of months .

His phone number 07716 162372

Dave

email (option): davemb42@yahoo.com

Yes, it's one of Nige's!

Cheers,

Lex

very nice bike guys -
i hope i can get one
Good luck

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Flea drop frame Contact made, with nigel

email (option): warbikes at gee male dot com, think about this folks

This is my little Flea, it's a little too fragile for road use so it lives in the lounge.

Thanks Sven very good advice, I agree some people have unrealistic ideas on price which is probably directly related to some sort of sentimental attachment.

Thanks for the pics Lex, very clear and are invaluable to me as a reference point.

Ron, Information like is why I value this forum so much and value the opinions like yours and Bjorn’s.

Beautiful bike Lex, absolutely gorgeous.:ok_hand:

email (option): glenn.johns@justice.nsw.gov.au

Nieuwe pagina 1