Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Model designation for V5

Perhaps I'm getting paranoid but I am currently filling in my application to DVLC for a registration number and V5.
What does your V5 show as the Model is it M20, WM20 or WD M20?
The safe option is to put M20 but if WM20 is shown on others I'll go for that.
My paranoia stems form a recent attempt to get a coorection on the V5 for my Super Rocket which came back with the reply that DVLA did not have a code for Super Rocket and that I should contact BSA direct! So I don't want them to have any room to refuse a V5 for my WM20 and after all the money and time spent for it to be no more than an ornament:fearful:

Re: Model designation for V5

Well to my thinking it's a BSA M20. The 'W' refers to the model year In this case BSA kept the 'W' from 1940-45. For instance 'K' is 1939 and 'X' is 1946. I see no need to include the model year as that would be indicated in your dating letter. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the input Ron.
On reflection I'll just use M20 on the form. My thinking was that having WM20 would avoid any future issues with proving it was a military bike but of course you are right. BSA only produced military M20s in 1944 (I was having a senior moment, again :unamused: )

As you were.

Evening Dean.When I submitted the paperwork for my bike,I gave the Model as a WM20. Having just looked at my V5, they haven't even bothered to fill the "model" box in.

email (option): petethejeep@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Dean
Mine too' Only got WM20 where the frame & engine numbers are just registed as a BSA, On the other hand my AA outfit is registed as a M21 AA outfit no mention of it being a BSA at all?
Regards John.

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1