Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DRs loads.

On a road after the Salerno landings,these DRs have a lot of kit on their bikes,looks like blankets,always thought this kind of gear was carried on the units lorries.

Re: DRs loads.

Never put your kit in another vehicle unless you are with it all the time...If that is not the case and the vehicle breaks down you end up at your destination with no kit....

Also, you are then never fully independent, something many DRs valued...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I've never always had vehicle back up when I've been camping. :smile: Ron
M20_451

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Many years ago Dick Eva from Plymouth arrived at Southsea on his CO several hours before his convoy and all his kit, and ended up sitting under someone's lorry in the poring rain.

You also have to be careful when piling your gear too high, this happened to me somewhere in the middle of France in 2001, my kit bag was scraping along the road behind me wearing holes in my sleeping bag and spare shoes, I only realised something was wrong because it kept bouncing on the end of the silencer.

Rob

Image4

Image5

Image6

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I knew a dr rider who was in ww2 he said you always took all your kit with you because he said if you didnt get back that night nobody else would lend you there blanket.

DRs loaded with all their field gear heading for Normandy. This early war DR has loaded his field gear longways,as panniers were not fitted which made the load more stable.

And don't forget your kettle and the umbrella....:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1