Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rear wheel

hi, hello everyone, today I was checking the tire pressure and I was reminded of a question I wanted to do. Then, the rear rim is marked wm 3 19 jones on one side and made in england on the other side, has two holes one for the inflation valve and another that probably serves to mount the rubber blocking pad to the rim, someone has photo of this tampon? the double hole is present only on the rear rim.

email (option): marcoleo1967@gmail.com

Re: rear wheel

It's this sort of thing. I never fit them. If any of my rims have that extra hole, I just use a dummy stud and nut. Ron

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/VINTAGE-TYRE-CLAMP-MORGAN-BSA-TRIUMPH-MATCHLESS-NORTON-ARIEL-VINCENT-BROUGH/332558512559?hash=item4d6e0831af:g:tHcAAOSwz7NaiF4E

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron as usual always accurate, it was right to know what was mounting, the k70 mounts very precise, to blow up the edge must swell enough, as you do for a tubless I do not think the rubber can turn on the rim.

I think the only time it can happen with a modern tyre is when the tyre becomes deflated enough for the tyre to spin on the rim and the chances then of tearing the valve off. Of course they are often necessary on off road bikes that run on soft tyres and extreme conditions. Ron

Or maybe if the bike has LOTS of horse power, wich isn't the case here.

It is true, however, I noticed in various old photos that the tire pressure was really low perhaps because of the dirt roads of the period. surely the old tires and the inflation pressures suggested to block the tire on the rim.

I think that the original lower tyre pressures for road use was because the sidewalls back then were so much stiffer than modern tyres. It's a good reason not to follow the makers pressures from the 40's. Ron

Ron I agree, off the subject Ron, I sent you some pictures on whatsapp, you had received? I would not have been wrong to send them!:grinning:

Nothing on WhatsApp that I know of Marcoleo? Ron

Never tighten the collar on the valve stem tight to the rim but use it to lock the valve cap. That way you are fore warned of tyre creep though low pressure as the stem tilts and you have a chance of dealing with before the valve stem gets torn from the tube.
Richard

Someone else posted a picture of his bike on this forum of that idea to his valves, with comments about it being correct. But I can't say I've ever seen an original picture of a WD bike with it. Why would you want to lock the valve cap? I've never known them to come undone! Ron
C4347367

Yes, like Richard I also turn the collar/nut up to the valvecap as a warning to tyre creep. And it has warned me a few times to inflate the tyre.

It is not to lock the valvecap but it has to go somewhere, and if you leave it off you run the chance that the valve disappears inside when you deflate the tube.

Michiel / NL

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

And of course if you leave it loose it will centrifuge back against the rim. This technique is used by trails riders who have to run will low pressures to get grip.
Richard

email (option): richard177smith@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1