Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M20 Rear Air Filter (Humour me!)

Why no adjuster on the rear wheel, is that an Aussie thing.

Maybe because it's not in the drawing also :wink:

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

No, that's an ausie thing.
They don't need it.

Thanks for the feedback Gents! The picture that I have looks different - here we go:

M20 air filter 3

I can't imagine that was ever designed to be fitted to a motorcycle? It Looks like part of an assembly off a truck or tractor to me. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Before the Vokes filter they improvised...There are various photos of different 'field fitted' air filters that aren't in the parts lists...

No doubt they were sourced from vehicles, generators or anything else that had them fitted...

One North Africa veteran I spoke to said the engines in his bike only lasted a few weeks without a filter and running on a mixture of ingested sand and very fine dust particles...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Had known a few mechanics ex Malasya and PNG.
The battle roads and a lot of the tempororay landing fields were made from crushed coral.
The supplied filters would choke within the first hour of use .
Without the filters the coral would deposit on the piston crown till it hit the head & bent the rod.
Apparently the most popular "field filter" was a vertical screen with several socks over the top of it so you just pulled the top sock off whenever the engine started running too rich.
Army being army we supplied thick woolen socks to the troops which do not suit the tropics so boots on bare feet was quite common.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1