View Entire Thread
Re: controls

Thanks for the info Cheers Barry

email (option): deadhorsesdontgetbackup@hotmail.co.uk

IMG_3495

I have the early levers and the horn to piggy back but the dip switch I have is the same as Ron's picture that clamps onto the bars, does anyone have the correct one for sale or know of a repo one being made?

Barry in that case, the switch you are looking for is a Lucas 31405. They were fitted to several makes and there used to be repros but I haven't looked lately. Try a google search and ebay. Ron
M20_310

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

PS they still seem to be out there:-

https://www.trisupply.co.uk/product/dip-switch-only-pattern-lucas-31405-mounts-on-back-of-brake-lever-clamp-part-cd10-11-chrome/

Maybe still worth further search though. From memory, the screws are 5BA. Ron

Thanks Ron

Dip Switch question-

This is what's on my bike. Clearly a makeshift attachment. And I've found what it should look like (that's a horn dip switch combo but same style). I can put together the little bolts and nuts and cut a rubber mat. My question is exactly how is it attached to the handle bar? I'm flummoxed and here's the place to go when one is flummoxed.

email (option): moatjon( at) aol.com

That dip switch and it's opposite horn push were only designed to be screwed to the back of the levers that were made especially to take them.
Ron
M20-293
M20-310

So the original was replaced by this jury rig at some point. That makes sense. Thanks. Now to decide if that's going to part of the story or replace it.

email (option): moatjon( at) aol.com

There is information within this thread that will help to decide if your bike actually had a dip switch fitted. But if you really want to fit one, then the clamp on type as in Henk's post is the best option. I think there are repros available and I can look up the Lucas number if required. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1