Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Web site picture.

Thanks for the compliment Mick, yes it is a lovely old picture, there are no M20s in it though, just WD16H Nortons which were part of a specific Australian contract .....and a ring-in 3H Triumph.

I have to confess to being ever so slightly annoyed though ....and I know I shouldn't be. I posted the photo on this Forum back in January as a follow on from earlier posts in which I was describing my research into the history of my Wd16H (part of the same Norton contract).

My annoyance is with Internet culture itself (not with you Henk, as the image was freely "given" to your Forum in the first place). But If photos are reposted ad infinitum without reference to their source or significance then all meaning is lost and it is a huge frustration to people such as myself who are attempting to piece together history from images. Maybe the Forum images could have captions Henk?

...of course it could just be that it's 0700 here in Adelaide and I have to go to work now instead of going out to my workshop :(

email (option): robert.g.elliott@gmail.com

Hi Robert, no that's the forum picture.

I agree Mick a nice clear image with a complete census number, perfect. Is it taken in Iceland, the Nissen hut sort of looks familiar?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Oh - I really was having a bad morning wasn't I - apologies all round.

email (option): robert.g.elliott@gmail.com

Hi Mick,

Yes that's a nice photo indeed, I love it when they have a clear tank number. I didn't know the photo was taken in Iceland.

We have nearly 400 BSA photos with a readable tank number and in combination with the BSA factory records and the post-war key cards from Lex this gives loads of information about individual bikes, especially for BSA's with frame numbers up to WM20 69699.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Close to mine and Brian Forths in New Z
 photo BSA.jpg

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1