Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big Four at Newark

I think I first saw that bike leaning against a tree at founders day (Stamford Hall) 7-8 years ago. Henk was there too. And then at stafford a year later (again with Henk) and he was advertising for parts. I'd say it's probably best part of 5 Grands worth of parts if they're not all completely knackered ( Forks and Gearbox alone could be worth £1000-£1500). But an awful long way to go to complete it as a proper SWD Big 4, which no doubt the current owner has found out and hence it's for sale.

Here's mine. Ron
Big_4_238
web img

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The frame number would worry me quite a bit as it's about 20,000 outside of any known SWD Big 4 sequence. If it isn't registered already then bearing in mind how things have tightened up, there is a good chance of that one having to be ground off and replaced by a 17-digit VIN.

Rik, I reckon the last digit 9 looks odd and added on for some reason. Which would give it the original number 2573 which would be from a batch not having a standard sidecar body fitted......Workshop body?? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes Ron, that's exactly what I thought about the number, the nine looks wrong and that would make the number correct.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1